Book Title: Listening for Lions
Author: Gloria Whelan
My review: The narrator of this book is Rachel, the main character. It was wonderful from the start. Rachel lives in Africa with her missionary parents. But that was before influenza strikes the town. Since it was only 1918, I'm guessing that getting influenza was more terrible than it is now. Because Rachel's father is a doctor and her mom also helps out in the hospital, they have dangers of getting an influenza. And sadly, they do, and Rachel is now an orphan.
Then there's something with girl named Valerie about Rachel's age and Valerie's grandparents, but you'll have to read to find out.
Overall I loved this book.This book is divided by 3 parts(and chapters): Rachel Sheridan, Valerie Pritchard, and Rachel Pritchard so you can easily *see* the changes but I'm not telling you since it will be a spoiler. This book was a page turner and this book got me even more interested in Africa-sounds like a great country and I'm so happy about the ending-good job, Rachel!(you probably don't know what I'm talking about)
So I'm rating this book 5 stars and recommend it for ages 10 and up.
Language:none
Romance:none
Violence:none
Language:none
Romance:none
Violence:none


That sounds like a really good book, great review!
ReplyDelete~Hannah~
This sounds like a lovely book - great review!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up, dear!
Blessings,
Hannah
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteGreat book review! Sounds like a really interesting book. I've read some books by Gloria Wheelan before.
My grandparents have been missionaries (off and on) during the past 3 years. Throughout this time, I've really gotten into reading about Africa.
God Bless,
~ Tarissa